Free Talk with Greg McLean Tonight at FOOM in Melbourne
If you’re in Melbourne and free at 6pm this evening (Friday, July 22nd), you catch Writer/Producer/Director Greg McLean (Wolf Creek 1 & 2, Rogue) at this week’s Friday On My Mind at ACMI. Tickets are available right now but first in best dressed so you’d better if you want to secure a spot.
A Night at Wolf Creek
FREE TALK MELBOURNE: FOMM THIS FRIDAY
JULY 22 – 6PM
GUEST: GREG MCLEAN – Writer/Director/Producer of Wolf Creek
“See? Head on a stick!” This Friday we plunge into the darkest depths of the mind of one of Australia’s most successful horror filmmakers, Greg McLean. Host James Hewison will be chatting one-on-one with the Writer/Director/Producer of the horror hit Wolf Creek, about his hit film, its sequel, and the new 6-part series spin-off that has just been commissioned for Australian streaming service STAN. Hewison will also be chatting to the triple-threat about his other projects and foray into Hollywood, where he has been rubbing shoulders with the likes of Kevin Bacon, Sam Worthington, Daniel Radcliffe and non-other than the Weinstein Brothers.
Greg McLean: Writer, director and producer Greg McLean trained as a fine artist before working as a director in theatre and opera. His filmmaking career began when he created the horror hit Wolf Creek which played at the Sundance, Cannes and Melbourne film festivals before going onto worldwide ‘cult film’ status. After this success he established Emu Creek Pictures, a production company based in Melbourne. This was followed by the thriller Rogue, produced with Harvey and Bob Weinstein, which starred Sam Worthington and Mia Wasikowska. In 2013 he directed Wolf Creek 2, the sequel to his breakout film, which was selected to screen at the Venice Film Festival. In 2014 Greg directed the supernatural thriller The Darkness, starring Kevin Bacon and Radha Mitchell. In 2015 he directed The Belko Experiment and he is currently directing Jungle, a feature based upon the incredible real life survival story of Yossi Ghinsberg, starring Daniel Radcliffe. Greg was an executive producer as well as director of the six-part spin-off series to his feature film Wolf Creek, in collaboration with Screentime, for the Australian streaming service STAN.
- 2005 Wolf Creek (Producer, Writer, Director)
- 2007 Rogue (Producer, Writer, Director)
- 2010 Red Hill (Executive Producer)
- 2012 Crawlspace (Executive Producer)
- 2013 Wolf Creek 2 (Producer, Writer, Director)
- 2013 The Legend Of Ben Hall (Executive Producer)
- 2014 Downunder (Executive Producer)
- 2014 The Darkness (Executive Producer, Writer, Director)
- 2015 The Belko Experiment (Director)
- 2015 Wolf Creek TV series (Creator, Executive Producer, Director)
- 2016 Jungle (Producer, Director)
Host: James Hewison – Head of Film Programs, ACMI
ACMI & AFTRS Present Friday on My Mind: Melbourne
- 6:00PM START
- Tickets are only available on the day at the ACMI box office to be collected in person. First in best dressed.