Every year at Sundance one film takes pundits totally by surprise, in 2016 that film was Jim Hosking’s THE GREASY STRANGLER.
This is a film like no other, a greasy smorgasbord of filth and depravity that is as repulsive as it is sweet – part comedy, part horror, part love story, all greasy mayhem! The kind of film that festival audiences adore and the kind of film that once seen cannot be erased from the mind!
THE GREASY STRANGLER tells the story of Big Ronnie, a man who runs a disco walking tour of LA with his son, Big Brayden. When a sassy young thing named Janet appears one day on their tour, it sets off a fierce rivalry between father and son for her affections – it also brings about the appearance of an oily, slimy, inhuman maniac who stalks the streets at night, strangling the innocent – a beast known as The Greasy Strangler!
Along with all the regular edition extras, The GREASY DOWN UNDER 2-DISC DELUXE EDITION comes with a collectable slipcase featuring art by Jay Shaw, newly commissioned reversible sleeve art by Pierre Iloga, and the following special features
– Bullshit Artist – an interview with co-writer/director Jim Hosking.
– Cheesy Old Cornball – an interview with actor Sky Elobar (Big Brayden).
– Hootie Tootie Disco Cutie! – an interview with actress Elizabeth De Razzo (Janet).
– The Greasy Trap – cast and crew discuss their experiences working on-set in the house used in the film.
– The Greasy Effect – Jim Hosking talks about the special effects used in the film.
– Greasy Down Under Cuisine – actor Sky Elobar and actress Elizabeth De Razzo endure a selection of Aussie foods.
– Greasy Down Under Road Trip – an on the road to Ballarat home movie.
– Monster Fest 2016 Q&A with actor Sky Elobar & actress Elizabeth De Razzo.
– Deleted Scenes
– Behind-The-Scenes Photo Gallery
– Every Day Australians React to The Greasy Strangler
– Jim Hosking Announces The #GreasyDownUnder Tour
– The #GreasyDownUnder Road Trip Advertisement
– Monster Fest Mini-Fest Hobart Shout Out
"Insanely compelling and funny, one of the best movies of 2016"
“A playful oasis of filth and depravity”
“The most WTF film of Sundance 2016”
"Disgusting, deviant and pleasurably weird at heart"
"Vile, puerile, sick and great"
Birth. Movies. Death.
Monster Fest 2016
New Zealand International Film Festival 2016
Fantastic Fest 2016
Fantasia International Film Festival 2016